Friday, 23 May 2014

60057 'Camper Van' and 60058 'SUV with Watercraft' micro reviews.

A double review this time, two of the small to mid-size city sets both about having fun on the water!

60057 is a neat looking camper van that comes with two figures, the van and a canoe. The camper itself has a couple of nice functions. One side of the vehicle opens out for access inside, while the roof lifts off for even easier access. Inside there is a bed, small table and chair and a video screen on the wall. On the roof there are two storage areas, the front of the roof lifts off to reveal the first which is big enough to fit a minifigure inside while the hinged rear storage compartment has a hinged top and can store the oars and life jackets. The canoe travels on top of the camper.
  RRP is 17.99 GBP / 19.99 US$ and 19.99 Euros. The set consists of 195 pieces.

60057 Camper Van with canoe
Inside the camper van. 

60058 is a pretty good looking SUV hauling a trailer with two jet skis. The SUV has room enough inside for both figures but no storage room for their life jackets which would have been a nice feature. There are no operating features on either the vehicle, trailer or jet skis, so playability is more limited than on the camper van. Having said that my son preferred playing with the jet skis to the canoe, must be something to do with speed! There is also a small fuel tank on the trailer with (I assume) a hand pump to fill the boats engines. My main moan with this set is it's a sticker-fest, with four each on the jet skis and three more on the vehicle and trailer. 
  The price is the same as the Camper Van but you do get 219 pieces with this one.

60058 SUV with two jet-ski's
Both sets are easy enough to build and look good, but my preference would be for the Camper Van, a few less pieces but more in the way of interest, and I'm getting older so I'd go for the more sedate pace of leisure! 

20 comments:

  1. Hi Brian!
    That campervan is gorgeous! Love the way you are able to play with it with those :opening side and the roof! The canoe is cute... I think I'll go and see if I can find those in here!
    The jet-skies are also gorgeous...
    Hugs
    Kikka

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kikka! I much prefer the models with lots of working parts, I find them much more interesting!
      Kind regards, Brian.

      Delete
  2. Hello Brian,
    Those are terrific sets. The camper is beautifully detailed. Lego sets have come such a long way. I was thinking about you the other day. they recently opened a Lego store in a mall near my house. I don't know if you have ever been to one, but you would flip!
    Big hug,
    Giac

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Giac! You're so lucky!!! My nearest Lego store is nearly a 2-hour drive away! I always have to be very careful in a Lego store, the times I've crippled my bank account!!
      Kind regards, Brian.

      Delete
  3. How cool. It reminds me of my summer holidays with my parents when I was young. We always had a camper van...mostly VW's, one time a renovated ambulance =0D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Pepper! Sounds like you had fun! I've never been in a camper van, I must be missing out!
      Kind regards, Brian.

      Delete
  4. Hi Brian! If I would go on vacation, I think I would prefer the camper van, love this one =)! With some luxury on the inside, like that video wall screen, it must be good to camp with :D!!
    On the other hand, I love water too, so I still doubt which of the options I would prefer....;)!
    I wish you a nice weekend. Kind regards, ilona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ilona! I would definitely prefer the camper van, I'm quite happy with a little bit of luxury!
      Kind regards, Brian.

      Delete
  5. Two awesome packages!!
    I like the SUV with jets.. it looks prettier for me... but the camper would be more fun.
    I will never step on a jet-ski.. hihihi
    Here is was LEGO day .
    My son ( 5,5 ) build a new package 60042, he had so much fun
    And my little daughter ( 3 ) build for the first time by herself 41011..
    And I, I picked some books from the pile, I made 6911, 31003 and 6912.
    Tomorrow we will work on that last piece in teh boxes, then we have build everything in 3 weeks!!
    Can't wait which one you show the next time!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Annette! I know what you mean about a jet ski, the only thing I would do is fall off it!
      You and your family have some very good sets there! I'm glad they like building with Lego, it's great for hand - eye coordination! I don't have 60042 yet, so I'm a little bit jealous!! I like the Creator sets because they always have a nice variety of pieces and the instructions usually show several different models from the same pieces.
      Thanks for stopping by! Kind regards, Brian.

      Delete
  6. Hi Brian, I'm in love with that camper van. It reminds me of RVs from my youth. Looks like great fun to play with. Thanks for the fab reviews! xo Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jennifer! Thank you for your kind words. The camper van is my favorite too!
      Kind regards, Brian.

      Delete
  7. Oh what a Perfect post for Memorial Day Weekend! Sooo can't wait to get camping soon, we have a little popup so that camper has me longing for a camping trip - your post is like a vicarious treat of one. You are Truly Young of Heart Dear Brian :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tiggy! Thank you so much for your kind words! Hopefully the weather will stay beautiful so you can go camping soon! It's been a long time since I was in anything other than a hotel or my in-laws place on holiday! I might just have to consider a tent...!
      Kind regards, Brian.

      Delete
  8. I love camper van and I was recently thinking to get one.....Who wouldn't love to travel in your own house???? Your set looks fantastic and I guess you are not the only one to ripple your bank account for things you like!!!! .................... Let's put a stone on this argument!!! :) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Simona! Yes, it's certainly a convenient way to have a vacation! Good luck if you manage to get one! I'd better not mention bank accounts for a while!
      Kind regards, Brian.

      Delete
  9. Both sets are wonderful!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Eliana! Yes, I think so too!
      Kind regards, Brian.

      Delete
  10. Beautiful camper, I did not know that there was also this LEGO set

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mely! It's nice to see Lego doing something a bit different than the normal Fire / Police / Train / Airport stuff that come out almost continually!
      Kind regards, Brian.

      Delete