Wednesday, 9 April 2014

60021 Cargo Heliplane mini review.

Carrying on the cargo theme from my last post this is the heliplane, or tilt-rotor as I like to call it. The set consists of the aircraft, a small quad and logging equipment along with three minifigures all for 34.99 GBP / 39.99 Euros / 44.99 US$.
   The tilt-rotor is the main attraction with rotors that tilt (obviously!), a working winch with a hook and a small rear hatch under the tailplane that opens into a small cargo hold. It is a fairly straightforward build with the trickiest part securing the string for the winch which, with my ham fists is a bit of a struggle! It's a nice design and sturdy enough to take a bit of a bashing from small hands. The only little problem is my usual moan of too many stickers!

The tilt-rotor in helicopter mode...
..and in airplane mode.

The logging equipment is simple but looks good with a log storage crate and a log gripper for use when chopping the logs with either the circular saw or the chainsaw. 40 brown round 2 x 2 bricks are used as the logs which I think is the most of that particular part ever used in a city set. This means the logs can be 'cut' down to any length.

The logging equipment. As usual, one guy does all the work!
The other is having a coffee and waiting for his new quad
to be delivered!
Ahh, here it is, right on time!
I may have my quad but I still haven't finished my coffee!!

The pilot's torso is only found in this set and the Cargo Terminal with most of the rest of the pieces being fairly common, the exception being the aircraft front and windscreen which are only found in the Coast Guard helicopter (Set 60013)

Overall a very nice set with good playability and not too bad price wise.

10 comments:

  1. Nice review, Brian! I love your photos and their captions--too funny! The ear protection on the workers is a nice touch! xo Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jennifer! The ear protectors first appeared last year so they're a relatively new piece. The only problem is they need a hole in the top of the cap for it to attach to!
      Kind regards, Brian.

      Delete
  2. Hi Brian!
    The heliplane is very interesting: It is a handsome aircraft!
    O' yes the coffeething is some kind of international phenomenon, as it seems to be in Legoland also ;)
    Hugs
    Kikka

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kikka! Yes coffee has invaded Legoland with a vengeance! Almost every truck and aircraft has a coffee cup somewhere!
      Kind regards, Brian.

      Delete
  3. The Lego sets have become more and more nice, Brian. I have said it before to you:I wished my kids were young again, than I now had a good excuse to play with them and the Lego bricks and those fantastic new sets ;)! Enjoy it!
    Kind regards, Ilona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ilona! I've never needed the excuse of a young kid to play with Lego! My wife says I have the mind of a 10-year-old so I may as well act like one!! ☺
      Kind regards, Brian.

      Delete
  4. Oh YaY WelCome BaaaCK! Wow this set looks really awesome - rather clever how it can be in airplane and tilt rotor mode. It seems more like something that would go with a coast guard sort of rescue kit, I am wondering why they bundled it with the logging equipment? Maybe logging is done more that way across da pond? I wonder. Great review and pics and Welcome BacK! ~ LuV, TiGGy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tiggy! It's great to be able to post again! Lego have a new logging truck for 2014 so I suppose it ties in with that. I don't have it yet so I can't review it!
      To be honest we don't have a big logging industry in the UK, this little island is a little bit too little!!
      Kind regards, Brian.

      Delete
  5. that guy is long to drink a simple coffee :D
    We all had such a colleague hahahaha :D
    I love this piece !
    Once again it is so close to reality !! (even the guy drinking the coffee XD)
    Have a great weekend
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Valma! I know a lot of people like that! I'm sure this is the first tilt-rotor Lego have done for City sets, it's nice to see they did a good job! Believe it or not, the Lego coffee/tea cup has been around for 35 years now!
      Kind regards, Brian.

      Delete