Sunday, 13 October 2013

60020 Cargo Truck micro review

After a 5-year hiatus Lego is back with a Cargo sub-theme for the City line, and like 5 years ago it is very aircraft oriented except for this set, 60020, a rather nice truck!
  For your 24.99 GBP / 39.99 US$ you get 321 pieces including three minifigures. It's nice to see Lego continuing to include female figures in their usually male dominated sets. There's no new torso or face prints but they are unique in these combinations.

The workers.
There are two pallets containing an engine and four gas bottles (I presume).The forklift has a nice shape to it and looks as functional as a real forklift should. The forks are operated by pushing down on a tab to lower and they automatically rise again thanks to a small rubber band attached to the top of the fork's mast. This means (contrary to forklift safety procedures) all loads are carried along at it's highest possible point. A minor grumble to go with the fact the front wheels should be bigger than the back ones....

Forklift with pallets.
The truck itself is a very nicely designed kit. One whole side of the container opens up to reveal two pallet spaces inside and I'm pleased that the cab has doors, something that is lacking in other models. My only concern is that it is a bit of a sticker - fest with no less than 11 adorning all sides of the body and cab. Other than that I am very pleased with this set. There is a lot of playability for a good price. Recommended!

The truck.

13 comments:

  1. part of my brain that was 10 years says : it's wonderful, I want one ;-)
    very good description of the kit!
    kind regard

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! My wife says I still have the brain of a 10 year old, that's why I wanted it! Kind regards, Brian.

      Delete
    2. no no no hubby schloung , you don't want one =D
      don't hear that part of your brain ....

      xxx to both of you =)

      Delete
  2. This looks fun to me too, Brian. Guess we know what that says about me too! ;-) xo Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jennifer! It's nice to know I'm in very good company! Kind regards, Brian.

      Delete
  3. Oh I think we were won over at the cute little workmen with the cart, then that forklift with the pallets - swoooooN! Awesome review of a really Fun looking set - Thank YoU!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Tiggy! The forklift is one of the best designs I've seen from Lego at minifigure scale. Glad you liked it! Kind regards, Brian.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Me encanta.
    Seria un regalo genial para mi marido que es camionero jejeje
    besitos ascension

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Ascension! If he starts getting Lego sets he won't want to stop! It's an addiction! Kind regards, Brian.

      Delete
  6. Wow il carrello elevatore è troppo bello! Credo abbia superato molti altri mezzi di lavoro lego, è straordinario!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mely! The truck is very nicely designed, they just seem to get better! Kind regards, Brian.

      Delete
  7. Hi Brian!
    The truck is gorgeus with all the perfect details!
    Your pages are always so fun to visit! I hope I never get too old to play wit Legos...;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am too old to play with Lego, but that won't stop me!! Kind regards, Brian.

      Delete