Tuesday, 2 July 2013

New City Poly Bag Sets

A few days ago I picked up three poly bag sets in one of my local stores. I first knew about them from a Brickset article. This is a rare occurrence in the UK, normally these special sets are reserved for promotions either with a newspaper or through Lego themselves. There is some speculation that this may be a new trend by Lego, offering 'impulse buy' sets at store check-outs. I'm all for it, as long as they're cheap enough!
  There were a few different themed sets on offer including Star Wars, Chima, Galaxy Squad and, my favorite, City! Some of these sets have been on offer elsewhere in the past year or so and I already had one of the city ones, but there were three others I didn't have.
  I managed to get 30221 Fire Car - a simple small vehicle with a firefighter and extinguisher, 30225 Coast Guard Seaplane -  a nice little twin-engined plane with some pieces you don't see very often in small sets, and finally 30224 Ride On Lawn Mower - my favorite by a long way! A very neat little vehicle that looks good, has some great parts and is perfect scale-wise. It's nice to see something very different from the usual poly bag stuff.

Seaplane, Fire Car and Lawn Mower


6 comments:

  1. Ciao Brian, sono d'accordo con te, anche megablok ha fatto questi set con i Puffi, ma qui in Italia non sono ancora arrivati.
    Non ho la tua mail quindi non ho potuto risponderti, scusami... con l'auto voglio costruire una scena, un garage, con attrezzi e tutto quanto serve a mettere a punto l'auto, solo che adesso sono senza stampante e senza una scatola abbastanza grande, l'auto è in scala 1/18 quindi le mini saranno più piccole del solito, la scala delle dolls house è1/12, quindi sarà un doppia sfida!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Mely! Thank you for letting me know. I look forward to seeing the car and garage, it will be a very different sort of challenge! Kind regards, Brian.

      Delete
  2. Una gran compra... ¡ahora a disfrutarla!
    Un beso

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Raquel, I will! Kind regards, Brian.

      Delete
  3. How fun to have surprise bags at store check-outs. More Lego options means more Lego fun, right? I wish local shops sold dollhouse miniatures at check-out. I'd be shopping a lot more often, I can tell you that. ;-) xo Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jennifer! It's definitely more fun finding them in the shops! I think dollhouse miniatures would do really well and impulse buys like that would help get new people into the hobby which is always a good thing. Take care. Brian.

    ReplyDelete