Friday, 19 April 2013

New old stuff!

Just a quick post to show a couple of older sets I managed to get hold of over the past month or two. 
  The first is 6437 'Beach Buggy' from 1999. I managed to get this with the box and instructions and is the first time I have owned this set. I stopped collecting in the late 1990's when Lego started to 'dumb down' their sets to appeal to slightly younger customers.  Sadly all that happened was the alienation of the existing, and aging, fan base. The beach buggy only has 28 pieces, the base and front of the vehicle consists of two parts whereas a few years earlier there would have been probably 10 - 15. There's nothing special about it but I'm still happy to have it. The life-ring on the back makes me laugh, it just sticks out looking a bit ridiculous, and reminds me of a toilet seat!
  Next is 6631 'Steam Shovel' from 1985. This is a set I had originally and sadly sold either on eBay or on a car boot / garage / attic / junk sale. No box with this one but it does have the instructions. Slightly smaller than the beach buggy but containing 48 parts. For me this was Lego in it's heyday, great but simple City  models and they always found a new idea to bring out each year. 
  Back to the present day I'm finally putting the finishing touches to the Pet Shop modular building and will review it soon.

6631 and 6437 - from two different City era's.

10 comments:

  1. Estos serian fantasticos para mi marido jejejeje, si es que no se los quita antes mi nieto jejeje
    Me encantan.
    Estoy deseando ver esa tienda de animales.
    Feliz fin de semana.
    besitos ascension

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ascension! I'm sure your husband and Grandson would love them! There's no age limit with Lego!

      Delete
  2. Io preferisco il mezzo da lavoro, ormai con mio nipote sono pratica di questi oggetti!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mely! Thanks for your comment, I prefer the digger too!

      Delete
  3. Hi Hairy Caveman! Looks like your collection brings you joy--I am really happy for that. I am looking forward to keeping up on the pet shop modular building too. xo Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your kind words Jennifer! I always seem to have so little time to get things done that the bigger sets take forever to finish! I'm not too far off completing it now...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Imperdonable no haberme hecho seguidora hasta hoy! Estaba convencida de que ya lo era! Podrás perdonarme?
    Un beso grande

    ReplyDelete
  6. Of course I forgive you! Now I only need 88 more followers to catch up with you! Big kiss. Brian.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooooh WoW - Great to see more sets from yoU! I really love the look of these vintage sets, Lego is sheer genius, and its true the aesthetic appeals to and inspires any age. I fell madly in love with Lego after spending an afternoon putting together the Lego Harry Potter game, and suddenly realizing I felt so relaxed and restored afterwards - have been hooked ever since. Both these vehicles look so CooL, looks like that scooper could nab a whole lotta bricks too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Tiggy! I've always preferred the older sets, they're the ones I remember having when I was younger. I'm led to believe some doctors advise on using Lego and similar products for the therapeutic advantages they can bring, so it's almost official - Lego is good for you!!☺
    Kind regards, Brian.

    ReplyDelete